Hotels in Midtown East, New York from CA $105
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Midtown East hotels and places to stay
Reviewed on Sep. 25, 2020
Visiting Midtown East in New York
Midtown East is a metropolitan neighborhood known for its major shopping area and top museums. Here you'll find plenty to visit, including Chrysler Building, Grand Central Terminal, and Central Park. Midtown East is an ideal home base for exploring the greater New York area, especially with 146 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Staying in New York's Midtown East Neighborhood
You’ll find several accommodation choices in this walkable neighborhood, and you may want to consider one of these top places to stay:
- The Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection: 4-star hotel with free breakfast, a restaurant, and bar, steps from Grand Central Terminal. Our guests enjoy the hotel's comfortable rooms and quiet location.
- The Langham, New York, Fifth Avenue: 5-star hotel with a full-service spa, a restaurant, and a 24-hour health club, steps from Empire State Building. Expedia travelers like this hotel's comfortable rooms and central location.
- The St. Regis New York: 5-star hotel with a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and bar, steps from Tiffany & Co.. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its helpful staff.
Midtown East might not have lodging options that suit you, but there are other great neighborhoods in New York. Midtown is a neighborhood known for its popular theater scene and top museums. This neighborhood is home to 423 hotels and other accommodations including these favorites:
- Baccarat Hotel and Residences New York: 5-star hotel with a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a fitness center, steps from Rockefeller Center. Our guests enjoy the hotel's comfortable rooms and helpful staff.
- The Sherry Netherland: 4.5-star hotel with a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and free WiFi, steps from Barney's. Expedia travelers like this hotel's comfortable rooms and helpful staff.
Sightseeing Around Midtown East in New York
Spend some time exploring the great outdoors at Central Park, Tudor City Greens, and Ralph Bunche Park. Chrysler Building and Grand Central Terminal are a also couple of sights to visit when you're in the neighborhood.
If you want to explore some other parts of town while you’re here, consider a visit to the nearby neighborhood of Midtown to visit Times Square, Broadway, and New York Public Library. Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Terminal, and Macy's are a few other places worth a visit while you're in New York.
Getting Around Midtown East and the Greater New York Area
If you want to see more of the city, Grand Central - 42 St. Station is the closest metro stop. Others nearby include Lexington Av.-53 St. Station and Lexington Av.-63 St. Station. To venture out of town, take a train from New York Grand Central Terminal Station.