Search Hostels in Winnipeg from CA $110
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Winnipeg
Other property types in Winnipeg
Victoria Inn Hotel and Convention Centre Winnipeg
Reviewed on Sep. 20, 2020
The Fort Garry Hotel, Spa and Conference Centre, Ascend Hotel Collection
Reviewed on Sep. 22, 2020
Viscount Gort Hotel
Reviewed on Sep. 22, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're searching for low-cost places to stay in Winnipeg, a hostel in town might be a great choice. These dorm-style accommodations come in quite a few shapes and sizes, but they all have a few things in common:
- Low prices
- A social setting
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
By going with a hostel in Winnipeg, you can spend less on lodging and save more of your budget for exploring during your stay. You'll find sporting events and other activities to enjoy, and the river views create an appealing natural setting.
Hostels in Winnipeg
Need some guidance on where to stay in Winnipeg? This hostel is popular:
University of Winnipeg Downtown Hostel - Located within a 5-minute walk of University of Winnipeg. Guests can enjoy free WiFi, laundry facilities, and a meeting room. You'll find towels, showers, and free toiletries in all rooms.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Winnipeg?
The weather can be important when you're experiencing new places, so here's a little information about the local climate:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 41° F and nighttime temperatures average -10° F
- April-June: 77° F is the daytime average and 21° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 79° F and nighttime averages are around 38° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 59° F during the day and -7° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.83 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Winnipeg?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might like these places:Top Sights
- Bell MTS Place
- Forks Market
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights
- St. Vital Park
- Kings Park
- Lyndale Drive Park
- Celebrations Dinner Theatre
- Riel House
- Manitoba Electrical Museum & Education Center
Overall, Winnipeg is known for its:
How to Get to Winnipeg and Around the Area
You can find the closest airport in Winnipeg, MB (YWG-Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson Intl.), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) away from the city center. Once you've arrived, you might want to use public transit to get around. If you're hoping to explore more of the area, head over to Winnipeg Union Station to take a train.