Almost stayed in the car instead.
Without disparaging the owners, who are probably doing their best with what they've got, this was not the type of establishment we would ever choose to stay in. If we weren't already at our destination, we would've hopped in the car and kept driving.
I imagine they are fighting an uphill battle to keep things clean, in good repair and ...from being stolen, judging by the ala carte charges for things like hairdryers, coffee pots and towels. Based on the parking lot party scene, I'd say their regular customers are maybe not so respectful of the property. Therefore you get broken furniture, mystery stains, and an unidentifiable stench to keep you awake all night. I've never heard my husband say the word "stench" so many times in a 24 hour period. No one felt comfortable taking a shower. We were assured by the signs next to the fire damaged entrance that it was caused by an errant cigarette butt and nothing electrical, so that was a plus.