Just returned from a 6 night stay at the Grand. Overall had a great time and will very likely return. I'll start with the few things I feel like could use improvement:
- Double beds in the rooms...strange choice
- The major waterpark feature- the 2 biggest slides- you must be 5' 3" to ride. 5' 3"! My 14 year old daughter was not tall enough. I would assume this is somehow safety related but very disappointing
- The Palace App often had incomplete or incorrect information. One night Tavola was listed as no wait time, but was told 2 hours when checking in. The show schedule has nothing listed about them...."Elements Show" or "Aye Caramba"- what is it? Some sort of description would be helpful.
- Lack of a quiet pool....the one adults only pool was often loud; the 'Relaxation Pool' was crawling with kids. This is one of the things that would keep us from coming back without our children.
- The beach- seaweedy in spots and just not that aqua blue of other properties. They do a good job of clearing the seaweed though.
Overall, though; this property has way more positives than negatives:
- Great variety of pool/beach areas
- Great food. Like, really great. Tavola and Jade were our favorites
- Great service. Genuine smiles and warmness to everyone.
- Great spa
- Spacious room
- Great entertainment options
- Quick service, whether you need your bags picked up, additional towels, etc. Order right through the app
- The golf carts that transport you through the huge property.