Search Hostels in Buffalo from CA $69
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Buffalo
Other property types in Buffalo
Sleep Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport
Reviewed on Nov. 1, 2020
Garden Place Hotel
Reviewed on Nov. 28, 2020
Hyatt Place Buffalo/Amherst
Reviewed on Oct. 26, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're hoping to find somewhere affordable to stay in Buffalo, there are 187 lodging options here to choose from, including hostels. No two hostels look exactly the same, but these dormitory-style accommodations all offer the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels also have private rooms)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social environment
Hostels are a great way to stay in Buffalo for a lower cost, so you can save your budget for going out. You can check out cultural highlights like the theaters in this destination, or enjoy the sporting events and other activities.
Hostels in Buffalo
While you're deciding on a place to stay, take a look at this top hostel in Buffalo:
Hostel Buffalo-Niagara - Located steps from Shea's Performing Arts Center. You can take advantage of free WiFi and an elevator, as well as air conditioning. You'll find showers in all rooms.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Buffalo?
Good weather's definitely a plus when you're discovering new places, so here's some information that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 48° F and nighttime temperatures average 18° F
- April-June: 79° F is the daytime average and 31° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 80° F and nighttime averages are around 48° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 65° F during the day and 20° F at night
- Average rainfall is 40.47 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Buffalo?
Depending on your interests, you might enjoy these places:Top Sights
- Coca-Cola Field
- Pierce - Arrow Museum
- Buffalo and Erie County Naval and Military Park
- Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens
- Lafayette Square
- Kleinhans Music Hall
- Buffalo Museum of Science
- Albright - Knox Art Gallery
Generally, Buffalo is known for its:
- Live music
- University life
- Historical sites
How to Get to Buffalo and Around the Area
You can fly into the nearest airport in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 8 mi (12.9 km) away from the city center. An alternative is Niagara Falls, NY (IAG-Niagara Falls Intl.), which is 15.2 mi (24.4 km) away. After you've arrived, you may want to make use of public transit. You can access metro transit at Lafayette Square Station, Church Station, and Fountain Plaza Station. To explore more of the surrounding area, catch a train at Buffalo-Exchange Street Station, Buffalo-Exchange Street Station, or Buffalo-Depew Station.