Hotels in Vatican, Rome from CA $30
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Vatican hotels and places to stay
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jun. 21, 2019
Visiting Vatican in Rome
Vatican is a historic neighborhood known for its stunning cathedral and top museums. Here you'll find plenty to visit, including St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican Museums, and Sistine Chapel. If you're looking for a place to stay, choose from one of Vatican's 905 hotels and other accommodations.
Staying in Rome's Vatican Neighborhood
You’ll discover an array of places to stay in Vatican, and you may want to consider one of these top choices:
- Vatican Style Suite: Guesthouse with free WiFi, parking, and laundry facilities, 7-minute walk from St. Peter's Basilica. Our guests enjoy the guesthouse's comfortable rooms and walkable location.
- Al Colonnato di San Pietro: Bed & breakfast with free breakfast, free WiFi, and car service, steps from St. Peter's Basilica.
- Rest Guesthouse: Townhouse accommodation with free WiFi, steps from Vatican Museums. Our guests rate this townhouse accommodation highly for its comfortable beds.
Vatican might not have your top place to stay, but there are other accommodations to consider in Rome. Prati is a neighborhood known for its top museums, stunning cathedral, and charming cafés. This neighborhood is home to 367 hotels and other accommodations including these favorites:
- Relais Cola di Rienzo: Bed & breakfast with free breakfast, free WiFi, and parking, 10-minute walk from Piazza del Popolo.
- Castel Sant' Angelo Suite: Bed & breakfast featuring free breakfast and free WiFi, steps from Castel Sant'Angelo. Expedia travelers like this B&B's helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Vatican Grand Suite: Bed & breakfast with free breakfast, free WiFi, and a free children's club, 12-minute walk from Castel Sant'Angelo. Our guests rate this B&B highly for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Sightseeing Around Vatican in Rome
You can see live performances at Paul VI Audience Hall, Auditorium Conciliazione, and RAI Teatro delle Vittorie while you're in Vatican. St. Peter's Basilica and Vatican Museums are some other sights worth a stop when you're in the neighborhood.
You’ll likely want to explore some other parts of town while you’re here, so consider a visit to Prati, a nearby neighborhood with top sights like Spanish Steps. Via Cola di Rienzo, Tribunale Ordinario di Roma, and Chiesa Valdese are a few other places worth a visit while you're in Rome.
Getting Around Vatican and the Greater Rome Area
If you want to see more of the city, Ottaviano - San Pietro - Musei Vaticani Station is the closest metro stop. Others nearby include Cipro Station and Lepanto Station. If you'd like to get out and explore some more sights, hop on a train to explore the nearby area. Rome Valle Aurelia Station is the closet train station, but Rome Appiano Station and Rome S. Pietro Station are also close by.