Top Ontario Flight + Hotel Deals
Top Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed on Sep. 17, 2020
Reviewed on Sep. 17, 2020
Reviewed on Sep. 17, 2020
Top things to do in Ontario
Niagara Falls SkyWheel Admission Ticket
Royal Ontario Museum Admission Tickets
Marineland of Canada Tickets
Home to thriving cities, one of the world’s most famous waterfalls and vast swathes of wildlife-inhabited wilderness, this province is nothing if not varied. Ontario is a diverse region with dynamic cities, natural wonders and landscapes seemingly tailored for outdoor adventure. Explore the edgy art and cultural scenes of two of Canada’s biggest cities, swim at beautiful white-sand beaches and paddle through sparkling lakes.
Ottawa, Canada’s capital, offers fascinating cultural experiences and plenty of festivals and events throughout the year. Study key Canadian artworks at the National Gallery of Canada and view the world’s largest indoor collection of totem poles at the Canadian Museum of History. In the winter, go ice skating on the Rideau Canal.
Attend a hockey game in dynamic Toronto and explore the city’s multicultural neighborhoods. Plan your vacation in September for the best celebrity-spotting opportunities as famous faces flock to town for the Toronto Film Festival.
Other bustling Ontarian cities include London near the U.S. border, home to the Boler Mountain facility offering year-round mountain biking, fitness trails and tubing.
Marvel at Niagara Falls, one of Ontario’s most famous attractions. This waterfall, which straddles Canada and the U.S., was formed over 12,000 years ago. Take a boat tour past the roaring falls or experience this natural wonder from above on a helicopter tour.
Lovers of the outdoors will find lots to keep them busy here. Head to Wasaga Beach for freshwater swimming or hike the Trans-Canada Trail. Take the whole family cycling on the Lake Ontario Waterfront Trail or wander around Killarney Provincial Park for great views of the Georgian Bay.
Ontario has international airports and plenty of domestic airports. The bus and train service around the province is efficient and comprehensive. Rent a car for extra flexibility.
Travel to Ontario in July for the warmest temperatures, or plan a trip sometime from December through March to take advantage of peak snow coverage. The climate is continental, though the size of the region means the temperatures vary between towns. Bring plenty of layers to prepare for every eventuality including humid days in the south and sub-Arctic conditions in the north.
Come see the beautiful natural scenery and varied cultural attractions that keep visitors returning to Ontario year after year.
The Advantages of Ontario Road Trips
Road trips in Ontario are a great idea because of the vast array of spectacular Ontario road trip destinations. A northern Ontario road trip will take you on an exciting adventure through famous fishing lakes, national forests, state parks, and Thunder Bay’s showstopper… Lake Superior. Southern Ontario houses large urban centers like Toronto, Ottawa, and must-see stops on an Ontario road trip.
Ontario Road Trip Itinerary
Buckle up and check out these outstanding road trip destinations to add to your Ontario road trip itinerary:
- Ottawa: Take a vacation in the capital city, home to iconic sites, museums, and a world-class culinary scene. It’s a great place to start your Ontario road trip. Pick up a cheap car rental in Ottawa and continue to your next stop.
- Picton: This small, scenic town in Prince Edward County is a 3-hour drive from Ottawa. You’ll find art galleries, fantastic wineries, and beautiful beaches next door to the dune-laden Sandbanks Provincial Park.
- Toronto:5-hours from Picton, Toronto is one of the best places to visit in Ontario. Stay in one of these fabulous Toronto vacation rentals. Then head out to explore High Park’s 400-acres of trails and Casa Loma, an Edwardian castle overlooking the city.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake: Just outside of Toronto lies a picturesque, tree-lined small town, famous for its wineries, breweries, and restaurants. There are plenty of delightful small towns in Ontario where you can absorb the local culture and scenery.
Road Trips in Ontario for the Weekend
There’s nothing quite like weekend road trips in Ontario. They’re an excellent way to recharge and connect with friends, family, and nature. Weekend road trips are more affordable when you book with Expedia. Here, you’ll find cheap deals on car rentals and hotel rooms in each city you visit. Save more with a package, where we bundle two or more travel reservations for cars, hotels, vacation rentals, or activities with additional discounts. Rent a car, spend 36 hours in Niagara Falls, and book your hotel for an awesome Niagara Falls vacation package—all for less!
The Benefits of a Road Trip to Ontario
The beauty of a road trip to Ontario is that you can make it whatever you want it to be, and we want to help you make it unforgettable. Expedia travellers choose the perfect car for their needs with our cheap car rentals. Then experience a sense of adventure on the open road, surrounded by stunning landscapes. Take a city getaway in Toronto or Ottawa or stay in a charming small town. Arrive at one of the best vacation rentals or hotels in Ontario and get to work exploring!
Frequently asked questions
Q: Should I book a car while on vacation in Ontario?
Q: Which airports can I fly in to for a vacation to Ontario?
- Toronto, ON (YYZ-Pearson Intl.): 9,243 international flights per month.
- Ottawa, ON (YOW-Macdonald-Cartier Intl.): 610 international flights per month.
- Toronto, ON (YTZ-Billy Bishop Toronto City): 539 international flights per month.