If it’s your first time traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic, you’ll notice new restrictions and rules in place. Take note of these tips and make your trip to Nunavut go off without a hitch:
- Before you lock in a flight, check if any travel bans or restrictions apply — in both your destination and origin. Stay informed with the latest updates by checking government websites.
- When you go through airport checkpoints, keep your face mask on. You will be asked to lower it briefly to confirm your identity. Passengers who refuse to wear a mask may be fined and denied entry.
- Instead of handing a TSA agent your boarding pass, place it straight on the scanner yourself. When that’s done, hold it up for inspection.
- TSA is now permitting passengers to take one container of hand sanitizer, up to 12 oz (350 ml) in size, in carry-on bags. This will need to be removed from your bag to be screened.
- To reduce handling during screening, place personal items such as your phone, coins and keys into your carry-on instead of the bins.
- Separate any food you have for screening. Food items often trigger the alarm. Putting them in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA employee to handle and inspect your belongings.