In the face of the COVID-19 outbreak, traveling now comes with some extra challenges. Have a read over the following information before hopping on your flight to Norway:
- Before booking anything, find out if any travel restrictions apply — in both your destination and origin. Get up-to-date information by reviewing government websites.
- You’re required to wear a face mask at the airport, including at screening checkpoints. Be ready to adjust your mask for identification purposes when asked by a TSA employee.
- To reduce the likelihood of cross-contamination, position your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA employee.
- One container of liquid hand sanitizer is now allowed in your carry-on baggage. It must be no larger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll have to take it out of your bag for screening.
- To reduce handling during screening, place items such as your wallet, phone and belt into your carry-on rather than into the bins.
- If you want to take food on the plane, put it in a clear plastic bag and then into a screening bin. This lessens the likelihood that a TSA officer will need to touch your food container or carry-on bag for inspection.