Search Hostels in Dortmund from CA $48
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Dortmund
Reviewed on Feb. 2, 2020
Other property types in Dortmund
Radisson Blu Hotel Dortmund
Reviewed on Feb. 3, 2020
Limehome Dortmund Südwall
Reviewed on Feb. 22, 2020
L'Arrivée Hotel & Spa
Reviewed on Aug. 5, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're in the market for low-cost places to stay in Dortmund, a hostel in town could be a great option for you. These dorm-style accommodations come in quite a few shapes and sizes, but all of them have three main things in common:
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social setting
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
By choosing a hostel in Dortmund, you can spend less on lodging and use more of your budget for going out during your trip. You can find sporting events and other activities in this destination, while the local restaurants offer plenty of opportunities to treat your taste buds.
Hostels in Dortmund
You might be asking, what are the most popular hostels in Dortmund? According to reviews from our guests, these options have the highest ratings:
A&o Dortmund Hauptbahnhof - Close to public transit, this property is within a 5-minute walk of Dortmund Central Station. Guests can enjoy free WiFi, a bar, and a 24-hour front desk. Rooms come with showers, free toiletries, and TVs.
DJH Jugendgästehaus Adolph Kolping - Hostel - Close to public transit, this property is within a 5-minute walk of Stadtgarten U-Bahn and Kampstrasse U-Bahn. Guests can enjoy free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. Rooms come with desks.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Dortmund?
The weather can be a big factor when you're experiencing new places, so here's a little information that may be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 51° F and nighttime temperatures average 31° F
- April-June: 70° F is the daytime average and 39° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 73° F and nighttime averages are around 49° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 60° F during the day and 35° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.14 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Dortmund?
Depending on how you want to spend your time, you might like these places:Top Sights
- Signal Iduna Park
- Starlight Express Theater
- Westfalenpark Dortmund
- Rombergpark Botanical Garden
- Henrichenburg Boat Lift
- Dortmund Concert Hall
- Museum of Art and Cultural History
- Theater Dortmund
In general, Dortmund is known for its:
How to Get to Dortmund and Around the Area
You can search for flights to the closest airport in Dortmund (DTM), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) away from the city center. Another option is Duesseldorf (DUS-Duesseldorf Intl.), situated 33.8 mi (54.4 km) away. When you're out and about, you might want to use public transit to get around. Walk to nearby metro stations like Reinoldikirche U-Bahn, Kampstrasse U-Bahn, and Stadtgarten U-Bahn. To see more of the area, hop on a train at Dortmund Central Station, Dortmund Signal Iduna Park Station, or Dortmund-Hörde Station.