Search Hostels in Hamilton from CA $49
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Other property types in Hamilton
Sandman Hotel Hamilton
Reviewed on Feb. 25, 2021
Reviewed on Feb. 26, 2021
Waterfront Hotel Downtown Burlington
Reviewed on Feb. 18, 2021
What Is a Hostel?
If you're hoping to find a low-cost place to stay in Hamilton, there are 139 accommodation options here to pick from, including hostels. These dorm-style accommodations come in quite a few shapes and sizes, but all of them have three main things in common:
- Budget prices
- A social setting
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
By staying at a hostel in Hamilton, you can spend less on lodging and save more of your money for sightseeing during your vacation. You can check out the museums and other cultural highlights in this destination, as well as activities like shopping.
Hostels in Hamilton
Still deciding where to stay in Hamilton? This hostel is popular:
Hamilton Guesthouse - Located within a 20-minute walk of FirstOntario Centre and Hamilton Convention Centre. You can take advantage of free WiFi and a shared/communal kitchen, as well as laundry facilities. You'll find hair dryers in all rooms.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Hamilton?
Good weather's definitely a plus when you're experiencing new places, so here's a little information that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 47° F and nighttime temperatures average 14° F
- April-June: 81° F is the daytime average and 41° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 84° F and nighttime averages are around 47° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 66° F during the day and 18° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.87 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Hamilton?
Depending on what interests you, you might like these places:Top Sights
- FirstOntario Centre
- Royal Botanical Gardens
- African Lion Safari
- Bayfront Park
- Pier 4 Park
- Chedoke Falls
- Hamilton Place Theatre
- Art Gallery of Hamilton
- Canadian Football Hall of Fame and Museum
Generally, Hamilton is known for its:
- Historical sites
- Live music
- Cultural attractions
How to Get to Hamilton and Around the Area
You can fly into the nearest airport in Hamilton, ON (YHM-John C. Munro Hamilton Intl.), located 7.1 mi (11.4 km) away from the city center. Another option is Kitchener, ON (YKF-Region of Waterloo Intl.), situated 29.3 mi (47.1 km) away. After you've arrived, you may want to use public transit to get around. To explore more of the surrounding area, hop on a train at Hamilton GO Centre, Burlington Aldershot Station, or Grimsby Station.