Get an overview of this hotelEast meets west in San Francisco Japantown hotel
Popular property highlights
Located in the heart of San Francisco and just blocks from Union Square, the Hotel Kabuiki anchors the Japan Center, a complex of Asian boutiques, Japanese restaurants, sushi bars, and gardens.
Hotel Kabuki's small, rock-lined gardens with a koi pond provide a meditative retreat. A blend of Eastern and Western influences creates serene ambience and quiet beauty at this San Francisco hotel.
The tranquil guestrooms at Hotel Kabuki are furnished with rice-paper shoji panels and carpeting with a tatami-mat pattern. All offer herbal bath salts.
Hotel Kabuki - a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Right in the heart of the city, The Hotel Kabuki is located at the base of Pacific Heights, 12 blocks from Union Square and within two miles of the Moscone Center, Fisherman's Wharf, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, and North Beach. Fashionable Fillmore Street, lined with boutiques and restaurants, is just steps from this San Francisco hotel.
The Hotel Kabuki offers a 24-hour health club. A self-service business center has a computer workstation with high-speed Internet access, a printer, and a fax machine (surcharges). The hotel provides 14,000 square feet of meeting space with 16 conference rooms and can arrange for both Japanese-style and Western-style catering services.
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 16
- Year Built 1968
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1301
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 14000
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 218
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Free WiFi
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Mum's Restaurant and Bar
Nearby Things to Do
This San Francisco hotel has a small fitness center with weight machines, cardio equipment, and free weights.
Guests receive discounted access to the Cathedral Hill Fitness Center, a 24-hour health club two blocks away, which has an indoor swimming pool, tennis courts, and fitness equipment.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Free bicycles on site
- Fitness classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 40.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet, per day
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 per room (up to 30 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 27.00 per accommodation, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 21.95 for adults and USD 21.95 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 23 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 50 per night
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40.00 per night
- Hotel Kabuki Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Kabuki Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel San Francisco
- Kabuki Hotel
- Kabuki Joie de Vivre Boutique
- Kabuki Joie de Vivre Boutique San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki
- Kabuki San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.