We arrived at the Somerset Hotel early in the morning as we had an overnight flight from Ulaanbaatar, Mongolis. We were given a room soon after 9 am, and then enjoyed a bountiful breakfast in the attractive dining area. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet and we were able to get some much needed rest before embarking on a tour of Somerset Palace--well worth the visit. We had a delicious dinner in the Italian Restaurant on the premises and then sat a bit in the small, delightful park outside. After a very restful night, we were picked up by our dependable driver from International Taxi Co. and taken to the Incheon Airport for our early flight. We found our entire experience in Seoul to be a pleasure and would love to return for a longer time. Jack and Jane Anderson, Mt. Gretna, Pennsylvania, USA
Traveller from Mt. Gretna, Pennsylvania
Located in the Gangbuk district in downtown Seoul, South Korea, Somerset Palace Seoul is set among the city's diplomatic …More
After five days at a conference in Gangnam, I transferred to the Sunbee to enjoy a more traditional area of Seoul. The Sunbee was just the antidote for a traveler tired of the concrete jungle. It's tucked away in a quiet spot surrounded by soft greenery. The Sunbee's al fresco breakfast on or off the patio is a great way to start the day. I appreciated the house-made waffles and the lobby fridge with self-serve soda and beer. My room was expansive, elegant and comfortable. The staff was super-helpful and eager to please. Things I paid for in Gangnam are free at the Sunbee, including always-available lobby coffee, use of the lobby computer and printer and, of course, that breakfast.
The staff was friendly and helpful. Most spoke enough English to communicate needs. Must have had power surges because several night the AC shut off but staff was always helpful to get it back on. Room was straightened every night but we stayed 9 nights so by the end the bathroom needed to be cleaned and floor swept.
The location was great for lots of sight seeing, I would stay again... I would just ask to have to bathroom scrubbed!
Pros: proximity to subway, walkable to many tourist sites, good restaurants nearby, good value hotel, friendly staff
Cons: definitely not 4-star as described, more like a solid 3-star; thin walls (heard everything), very poor bed
A solid 3-star hotel, a good value in the middle of the city. The property is maintained well. Room was tiny but this was expected. Would stay here again if we needed a budget hotel, otherwise we would upgrade to something larger with better soundproofing.
Stayed at hotel for 10 days and was truly impressed. Clean spacious room and the staff was beyond kind and professional without exception. Unlimited Free bottled water, WiFi and Air conditioning included in room price and also access to free laundry facility. Access to subway line 1 & 6 only a 5 minute walk away. Several korean restaurants, coffee shops and convenience stores within a block of the hotel. I would choose this place again in a heartbeat.
1. The hotel staff is polite and professional. They are also fluent in English, this allow us to find some places easily. They even went to the extend to call for us when we needed to get some famous Honeybutter chips. Excellent service!
2. The breakfast is simple (cereal w/ milk, banana, orange etc) but just what we need before heading out.
3. The room is rather spacious and the TV comes with many channels! Some days we felt that we shouldnt go out and simply stay in the hotel and chill.
4. The bathtub is in the living room (*shy*), there are also shower heads in the toilet, but it is a must try for the experience!
5. A computer is also available to surf the net, mainly to prepare ourselves for the next day's schedule.
6. The location is pretty centralize, it is near dongdaemum, insadong and myeodong.
7. The hotel is easy to locate, there is a sign board near the main road.
8. There are also drinks free for consumption in the fridge.
9. The bed is also fluffy, so much better than the other hotels that we stayed in.
Overall I find this hotel to be excellent, instead the name GoodStay Hotel! Worth every penny :)