The lobby and several rooms were under renovation. The place had a glue smell throughout. Luckily the room window opened so we could expel some of the odor. This should have been disclosed. We booked this hotel because we had stayed a couple of years ago for a family reunion and really liked the accommodations. I called the day before our arrival and specifically asked if the outdoor fireplace was working and was told it was. Well, it wasn't and had not been for awhile (the igniter system was removed). This was one of the afore mentioned likes; we sat out at night and enjoyed some refreshments and a smoke with other guests and family. But alas the management not only did not have the fireplace operational they moved the smoking area out back by the dog dump area (dog walk). The breakfast also changed it no longer serves bacon or pork sausage or scrambled eggs. The available proteins now are hockey puck like "fried" microwaved eggs, vegetable or turkey sausage or dried Canadian bacon. The day manager stated the menu is controlled by Corporate Marriott not the hotel. Is Marriott against pork or just trying to make America eat more healthy after being exposed to toxic fumes?