Find Cheap Hotels in Santa Monica, CA from CA $110
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Top Santa Monica Cheap Hotels
Don't see what you're looking for?
We've got more Cheap Hotels. Find the right one for you.
Lowest nightly price found within the past 24 hours based on a 1 night stay for 2 adults. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.
Pocket Guide: Cheap Hotels in Santa Monica
Search for hotels in Santa Monica on Expedia. You can easily find your hotels in Santa Monica using one of the methods below:
- View our selection of featured hotels in Santa Monica
- Use the map to find hotels in the Santa Monica neighborhood you prefer
- Use the filters to see hotels in a specific area of Santa Monica, select a specific theme, brand, or hotel class from basic (1 Star) to luxury hotels (5 Stars) in Santa Monica
- Enter your travel dates to view the best deals on hotels in Santa Monica - while they last
Frequently asked questions
What is Santa Monica like for travelers on a budget?
Santa Monica offers a variety of cheap accommodations and places to visit, making it a budget-friendly vacation choice. In addition to its well-known attractions like Santa Monica Pier, this destination is home to International Chess Park, which you can enjoy while spending very little.
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Santa Monica?
How many cheap hotels will I be able to find in Santa Monica?
Choose a hotel that suits your wallet among Expedia’s 24 budget hotels in Santa Monica.
When is the best time for a budget trip to Santa Monica?
Weather is probably a major factor when you plan your trip to Santa Monica, and keep in mind that cheaper options are usually available when the weather isn’t as good. The hottest months are usually August and September with an average temp of 66°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 57°F. Average annual precipitation for Santa Monica is 12 inches.
What is there to see and do in Santa Monica?
Santa Monica attracts visitors with its major shopping area and acclaimed art galleries, and offers plenty to see and do without spending a fortune. You can budget for the top local attractions on your list, such as Third Street Promenade and Santa Monica Pier, and then make time for other wallet-friendly activities. Enjoy the outdoors at Santa Monica Beach and Venice Beach, or check out the area’s cultural spots like Santa Monica History Museum.
How can I get to Santa Monica and get around on a budget?
Scoping out the transportation options in Santa Monica can help keep you on budget. The closest airport is 7.1 mi (11.5 km) from the center in Los Angeles Intl. Airport (LAX). However, if that doesn’t suit your budget, you can look into flights to Bob Hope Airport (BUR), which is 14.1 mi (22.7 km) away. Nearby metro stations include 17th Street/SMC Station, Downtown Santa Monica Station, and 26th Street/Bergamot Station.
Travelers Loved These Cheap Hotels
More trip options
- Top areas for Cheap Hotels
- Find More Hotels near Santa Monica
- More Hotel Options in Santa Monica
- More Accommodation Types in Santa Monica
- Hotels near Popular Santa Monica Attractions
- Other Hotels near Santa Monica, Los Angeles
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Santa Monica Hotels by Star Rating
- Expedia's Latest Trends