Best lodging options near Mazatlan
Reviewed on Mar. 4, 2021
Reviewed on Mar. 2, 2021
Reviewed on Feb. 18, 2021
Mazatlan Beach Vacation
A Mazatlan vacation makes it a piece of cake to unwind. Whether you like the idea of sitting around by the water or meandering along the shore in search of treasures, a trip to Mazatlan will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. If you prefer to be close to the town center, base yourself close to Olas Altas Beach. This stretch of coast is just 0.4 miles (0.7 km) away. We also have Mazatlan vacation deals around Cerritos Beach and Playa Norte, two other gorgeous nearby options.
Things You Should Know About Mazatlan
- Nothing says vacation more than staying right near the shoreline. If you're nodding in agreement, see what's on offer among our Mazatlan beach hotels.
- Condos are also popular with many travelers to this area. Casa Coto Sabalo and Condo R Tiara are perfect examples of what to expect from this accommodation style.
- Otherwise, let one of our All-Inclusive hotels in Mazatlan deal with all the finer details. That means more time for you to focus on the important task of unwinding and relaxing.
- Our Mazatlan things to do page is the ideal place to start planning your escape to Mazatlan. After you arrive, strike up a conversation with one of the 381,600 friendly locals to learn even more.
- Save on experiences by booking our Mazatlan vacation deals. With fantastic attractions such as El Faro Lighthouse to discover, this popular destination will keep you on the go.
Top Pre-Packaged Vacations & All Inclusive Resorts in Mazatlan
Combine the charm of Cinque Terra, the landscape of Crete and the energy of Cancun, and you’ve come close to defining Mazatlan’s allure. Situated on Mexico’s Pacific coast, this sun-soaked destination is known for its outstanding beach areas and luxurious resorts, and the city’s natural beauty rivals that of some of the most beloved European retreats. If you’re looking for the ultimate tropical hideaway, Mazatlan vacations might be just the thing for you.
Though it was once a celebrity-studded resort town, Mazatlan’s new identity is decidedly less assuming. This is a boon for in-the-know tourists; budget-friendly Mazatlan all inclusive hotels line the area’s shores, and adventure seekers swear by the scuba diving and parasailing opportunities. It’s a perfect place to soak up the coastal scenery, settle in at a sidewalk cafe or stroll around the revitalized museum districts without the crowds of neighboring areas.
What’s more, the city’s Centro Histórico is among the most lovely examples of Mexican village life. Book one of the Mazatlan all inclusive vacation packages near this central neighborhood, and you’ll be in the ideal location to explore its winding streets, family-owned restaurants and unique shops. Start on the west side of Machado Square to view the 19th-century Teatro Angela Peralta, and then head northeast to immerse yourself in the area’s vibrant cafe culture. Make sure to stop at the Mercado Pino Suarez to score some deals on locally produced handicrafts and authentic delicacies.
Walk just four blocks west from Machado, and you’ll be in the heart of Olas Atlas. Though many vacationers congregate in Gaviotas, locals prefer this gilded-sand beach for its tranquil atmosphere. Plus, you can easily track down popular Mazatlan vacation packages that include a stay at one of its serene resorts.
From there, stroll along the palm-fringed Malecón boardwalk to reach the Zona Dorada. This hotel district is home to Mazatlan’s most buzzed-about spa and golf retreats, and though it’s typically more crowded than Olos Atlas, it’s a must-see part of every Mazatlan vacation. Visit during the day to unwind in the lap of luxury, but venture out after dark to revel in the city’s famous nightlife. When the sun goes down, Mazatlan lights up.