Cambridge Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Kitchener area, you'll find 8 affordable motels among more than 92 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these budget-friendly accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash to use on your vacation.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Cambridge has to offer. Popular places to visit in the larger area include African Lion Safari, Bingemans, and Centre In The Square.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, eye-catching neon signs enticed road-weary travelers, and today, examples of these can still be found along historic U.S. Route 66. At many motels, you're likely to find an outdoor pool and free parking.
Below you'll find some of our customers’ favorite motels in the larger area:
City View Inn
- Located 21.7 mi (35 km) from the heart of Cambridge
- Enjoy access to the coffee in the lobby, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Super 8 by Wyndham Guelph
- A restaurant along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Central Cambridge is 13.3 mi (21.4 km) away
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Located 14.3 mi (23 km) from the heart of Cambridge
- Central Cambridge is 11.8 mi (19 km) away
- Free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk are available during your stay.
Knights Inn Kitchener
- 8 mi (12.8 km) from the heart of Cambridge
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Cambridge
Visitors like Cambridge for its shops and festivals. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
Here are favorite places in and around Cambridge:
- African Lion Safari
- Centre In The Square
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Shade's Mills Conservation Area
- Riverside Park
- Lake Huron
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Cambridge Ice Centre
- Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory
- ibowl.ca Family Fun Center
Cambridge is also known for its:
- Bird watching
- Safari tours
Best Time to Visit Cambridge
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Cambridge by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 45° F and nighttime temperatures average 12° F
- April-June: 77° F is the daytime average and 28° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 79° F and nighttime averages are around 44° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 62° F during the day and 16° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.22 inches in a year
How to Get to Cambridge and Around the Area
|Kitchener, ON (YKF-Region of Waterloo Intl.) ||Airport ||7.6 mi (12.2 km) |
|Hamilton, ON (YHM-John C. Munro Hamilton Intl.) ||Airport ||23.8 mi (38.4 km) |
|Toronto, ON (YYZ-Pearson Intl.) ||Airport ||41.7 mi (67.1 km) |