Search Hostels in Puerto Montt from CA $40
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Puerto Montt
Other property types in Puerto Montt
Hotel Cabaña del Lago Puerto Varas
Reviewed on Feb. 9, 2020
Hotel Cumbres Puerto Varas
Reviewed on Mar. 16, 2020
Reviewed on Mar. 18, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're looking for somewhere affordable to stay in Puerto Montt, one of the 13 hostels here might be a great choice for you. No two hostels look identical, but these dormitory-style accommodations all feature the following:
- Shared rooms (though many have private options too)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social atmosphere
Hostels are a great way to stay in Puerto Montt for a good value, so you can save your money for going out. If you're hoping to enjoy the natural surroundings, you can check out the lake views while you're here.
Hostels in Puerto Montt
Ready to book a hostel in town? These ones have the highest reviews from our guests and could be a good place to look first:
La Casa Vieja Hostel and Camping - Hostel - Property features include free WiFi, free parking, and a shared/communal kitchen. You'll find coffee/tea makers and linens in all rooms.
Island Backpackers - Property features include free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. You'll find showers, coffee/tea makers, and linens in all rooms.
Casa Apel Hostel - Guests can enjoy free WiFi, free parking, and a shared/communal kitchen. Rooms come with showers, lockers, and linens.
Casa Perla - Hostel - Located within a 20-minute walk of Angelmo Fish Market. You can take advantage of free breakfast and free WiFi, as well as a shared/communal kitchen. Rooms come with towels, free toiletries, and hair dryers.
Compass del Sur - Property features include free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. You'll find showers in all rooms.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Puerto Montt?
Good weather's always better when you're discovering new places, so here's a little information that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically January and February, while August and July are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 67° F and nighttime temperatures average 45° F
- April-June: 62° F is the daytime average and 39° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 56° F and nighttime averages are around 39° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 66° F during the day and 41° F at night
- Average rainfall is 70.98 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Puerto Montt?
Depending on how you want to spend your time, you might like these places:Natural Features
- Alerce Andino National Park
- Petrohue Falls
- Lahuen Nadi Natural Monument
- Antonio Felmer Museum
- Casa del Arte Diego Rivera
- Juan Pablo II Museum
- Angelmo Fish Market
- Mall Paseo Costanera
- Plaza de Armas
Overall, Puerto Montt is known for its:
- Casino gaming
- Rock climbing
How to Get to Puerto Montt and Around the Area
You'll find the nearest airport in Puerto Montt (PMC-Tepual), located 8.8 mi (14.2 km) away from the city center.