Nepean Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In Ottawa, there are 7 low-cost motels among the more than 216 lodging choices. These budget accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Nepean has to offer. In the larger area, favorite places to visit include Canadian Tire Centre, Rideau Canal, and Canadian War Museum.
Fun fact: Beginning in the early 1950s, eye-catching neon signs enticed road-weary travelers, and today, examples of these can still be found along historic U.S. Route 66. When you stay at a motel, you'll often find free parking and an outdoor pool.
Below are some of our customers' top motels in the larger area:
Ramada by Wyndham Ottawa On The Rideau
- Located 5 mi (8 km) from the heart of Nepean
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast, parking, and an airport shuttle.
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Central Nepean is 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away
Rideau Heights Inn
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Located 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the heart of Nepean
- Central Nepean is 13.8 mi (22.2 km) away
- A restaurant along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Motel du Chevalier
- 13.8 mi (22.1 km) from the heart of Nepean
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
What to Do in Nepean
Visitors to Nepean speak highly of its shops and restaurants. Enjoy all there is to see and do in this family-friendly area while you're out sightseeing.
Here are favorite places in and around Nepean:
- Canadian Tire Centre
- Rideau Canal
- Canadian War Museum
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Gatineau Park
- Andrew Haydon Park
- Mooney's Bay Park
Some landmarks to see in the area include:
- Watson's Mill
- Billings Estate National Historic Site
- Library and Archives Canada
Nepean is also popular for its:
- University life
Best Time to Visit Nepean
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Nepean by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 44° F and nighttime temperatures average 4° F
- April-June: 77° F is the daytime average and 27° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 80° F and nighttime averages are around 43° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 61° F during the day and 8° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.34 inches in a year
How to Get to Nepean and Around the Area
|Ottawa, ON (YOW-Macdonald-Cartier Intl.) ||Airport ||6.1 mi (9.8 km) |
|Ottawa Fallowfield Station ||Train Station ||2.4 mi (3.8 km) |