Search Motels in Duncan from CA $78
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in Duncan
Other property types in Duncan
Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay
Reviewed on Nov. 29, 2020
Villa Eyrie Resort
Reviewed on Oct. 19, 2020
Best Western Cowichan Valley Inn
Reviewed on Oct. 30, 2020
Duncan Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 64 hotels and other lodging choices in Duncan, though there are only 3 affordable motels. These less expensive accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
When you save on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in Duncan. Not-to-be-missed sights include Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal and Butchart Gardens in the area.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels became more commonplace after World War II with the popularity of car travel and road trip vacations, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers' recommended Duncan motels to select from:
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Free WiFi, free parking, and a computer station are available during your stay.
- Enjoy access to the winery, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in DuncanVisitors like Duncan for its marina and entertainment venues. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
Must-see places in and around Duncan include:
- Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal
- Butchart Gardens
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Mount Tzuhalem Ecological Reserve
- Cowichan River Provincial Park
- West Shawnigan Lake Provincial Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Cowichan Aquatic Centre
- The Raptors
- Cowichan Estuary Nature Centre
Duncan is also popular for its:
- Bird watching
- Casino gaming
Best Time to Visit DuncanDecide when you'd like to visit Duncan by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 50° F and nighttime temperatures average 31° F
- April-June: 69° F is the daytime average and 36° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 74° F and nighttime averages are around 45° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 61° F during the day and 31° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.77 inches in a year
How to Get to Duncan and Around the Area
|Victoria, BC (YYJ-Victoria Intl.)||Airport||15.9 mi (25.5 km)|
|Galiano Island, BC (YMF-Montague Harbour Seaplane Base)||Airport||16.4 mi (26.4 km)|
|Mayne Island, BC (YAV-Miners Bay Seaplane Base)||Airport||19.2 mi (30.9 km)|