Hotels in Downtown Austin, Austin from CA $111
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Downtown Austin hotels and places to stay
Reviewed on Oct. 24, 2020
Reviewed on Oct. 26, 2020
Visiting Downtown Austin in Austin
Downtown Austin is a metropolitan neighborhood known for its fantastic nightlife and ample dining options. Here you'll find plenty to visit, including Governor's Mansion, Texas State Capitol, and Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum. When you want to kick up your feet after a day of exploring the sights, you can choose from 90 hotels and other accommodations and in Downtown Austin.
Staying in Austin's Downtown Austin Neighborhood
You’ll discover an array of places to stay in Downtown Austin, and you may want to consider one of these top choices:
- Guild City Center: 4-star apartment with an outdoor pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and a rooftop terrace, 12-minute walk from Governor's Mansion. Our guests enjoy the apartment's central location and convenient parking.
- JW Marriott Austin: 4-star hotel featuring a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia travelers like this hotel's surrounding nightlife and local sightseeing.
- Fairmont Austin: 4-star hotel featuring a full-service spa, 5 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
Downtown Austin may not have the type of accommodation you're looking for, so consider staying in a nearby Austin neighborhood instead. Rainey Street Historic District is a neighborhood known for its beautiful lakeside setting, fantastic nightlife, and ample dining options. This neighborhood is home to 4 hotels and other accommodations, including these top choices:
- Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt: 4-star hotel featuring a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. Our guests enjoy the hotel's comfortable beds and breakfast.
- Locale Rainey Street: 4-star apartment featuring an outdoor pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and a rooftop terrace. Expedia travelers like this apartment's walkable location and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Austin -Town Lake: 3-star hotel featuring a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its comfortable rooms and breakfast.
Sightseeing Around Downtown Austin in Austin
Some landmarks in Downtown Austin that you won't want to miss include Frost Bank Tower, Millett Opera House, and O. Henry House Museum. You could also plan a visit to Governor's Mansion or Texas State Capitol when you're visiting the neighborhood.
Rainey Street Historic District is a nearby neighborhood, and you might consider a stop by Lady Bird Lake while you're checking out Austin.
Getting Around Downtown Austin and the Greater Austin Area
Ready to get out and explore the city? Downtown Station is the closest metro station.