Ottawa Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 18 low-priced motels in Ottawa among more than 284 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these budget-friendly accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy more of the attractions in Ottawa. Not-to-be-missed sights include Supreme Court of Canada, Parliament Hill, and Byward Market Square.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. at the end of the 1940s with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the 1960s with over 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room from an outside corridor overlooking the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers' best-rated Ottawa motels to choose from:
Ramada by Wyndham Ottawa On The Rideau
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Carleton University and Algonquin College.
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast, parking, and an airport shuttle.
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Canadian Museum of History and National Gallery of Canada.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Canadian War Museum and Canadian Museum of History.
Rideau Heights Inn
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Carleton University and Algonquin College.
- A 24-hour front desk along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Motel du Chevalier
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Canadian Museum of History and National Gallery of Canada.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Ottawa
In this walkable area, you can enjoy the great live music and scenic riverfront while you're sightseeing. People who visit Ottawa love the local art scene, museums, and cafés.
Here are some popular places:
- Supreme Court of Canada
- Parliament Hill
- Byward Market Square
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Confederation Park
- Garden of the Provinces and Territories
- Major's Hill Park
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- Calypso Theme Waterpark
- Nepean Sportsplex
Ottawa is also known for its:
- Jogging trails
Best Time to Visit Ottawa
Decide when you'd like to visit Ottawa by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 44° F and nighttime temperatures average 4° F
- April-June: 77° F is the daytime average and 27° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 80° F and nighttime averages are around 43° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 61° F during the day and 8° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.34 inches in a year
How to Get to Ottawa and Around the Area
|Ottawa, ON (YOW-Macdonald-Cartier Intl.) ||Airport ||6.9 mi (11.1 km) |
|Ogdensburg, NY (OGS-Ogdensburg Intl.) ||Airport ||52.1 mi (83.9 km) |
|Massena, NY (MSS-Massena Intl.) ||Airport ||53.6 mi (86.3 km) |
|Bayview Station ||Metro Station ||1.3 mi (2.1 km) |
|Carling Station ||Metro Station ||1.7 mi (2.7 km) |
|Carleton Station ||Metro Station ||2.4 mi (3.9 km) |
|Ottawa Station ||Train Station ||2.3 mi (3.8 km) |
|Ottawa Fallowfield Station ||Train Station ||8.6 mi (13.8 km) |
|Casselman Station ||Train Station ||30.6 mi (49.2 km) |