Eh... it was okay I guess. It wouldn't have been any different if any other people, or any other persons, were given the privilege of having to look after such a difficult to build hotel from a hundred years ago. I highly doubt the staff today would have the skills to build such a hotel as this one again, and that there is anything over-the-top good or unique about it. Anybody could have done similar. Like children in a adult's coat. The coat looks good, like the architecture, things are the same as they always have been.
Overview of Fairmont Chateau Laurier
Choose dates to view prices
Free cancellation on all rooms
You can change or cancel this stay if plans change. Because flexibility matters.
Fairmont Room, Double Beds - Newly Renovated
Fairmont Room, 1 King Bed - Newly Renovated
Fairmont Room, 1 Queen Bed - Newly Renovated
Deluxe Room, 2 Double Beds - Newly Renovated
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
Junior Suite, 1 Queen Bed
Fairmont Room, 1 Queen Bed, Parliament View - Newly Renovated
Fairmont Room, 1 King Bed, Parliament View - Newly Renovated
Fairmont Room, 2 Double Beds, Parliament View - Newly Renovated
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, View
Deluxe Room, 2 Double Beds, View
Signature Room, 1 King Bed
Suite, 1 King Bed, Non Smoking, Corner
Suite, 2 Double Beds, Non Smoking, Corner
Deluxe Room, 1 Queen Bed
Executive Suite, 1 King Bed
Presidential Suite, 1 King Bed
Fairmont Gold, Room, 1 King Bed
Fairmont Gold, Suite, 1 King Bed
Fairmont Gold, Room, 2 Double Beds, Non Smoking
Fairmont Gold, Room, 1 King Bed, Non Smoking
Suite, 1 Queen Bed, Non Smoking, Corner
About this area
Located in Ottawa, Fairmont Chateau Laurier is in the city centre. National Arts Centre and National Gallery of Canada are cultural highlights, and travellers looking to shop may want to visit Byward Market Square and Rideau Centre. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Place Stadium or Gatineau Sports Centre. Our guests love the hotel's location for the sightseeing.
- Shaw Centre - 3 min walk
- National Arts Centre - 4 min walk
- Embassy of the United States - 5 min walk
- Rideau Centre - 5 min walk
- Byward Market Square - 6 min walk
- Bayview Station - 9 min drive
- Ottawa Station - 10 min drive
- Ottawa, ON (YOW-Macdonald-Cartier Intl.) - 22 min drive
- Wilfreds — 1 min walk
- Zoes Lounge — 1 min walk
- Zoé's Lounge - 1 min walk
- Milestones - 1 min walk
- Metropolitan Restaurant - 1 min walk
About this property
Fairmont Chateau Laurier
Awards and affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.
Food and drink
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of CAD 50 per pet, per day.
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, contact the property on the number on the booking confirmation
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cots (infant beds)!
Payment types accepted at this property
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: CAD 38.99 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 13.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self-parking fee: CAD 40 per day
- Valet parking fee: CAD 50 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 50 per pet, per day
- Service animals are exempt from fees
- In-room microwave fee: CAD 25.00 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, amenities, property conditions & facilities
The service was fantastic. The hotel was stunning. Beds were the comfiest ever!