Where to stay in Melbourne
Melbourne Central Business District
4.5/5Wonderful!(285 area reviews)
Explore the magnificent Southbank riverfront, experience the city’s cultural charms in the arts precinct and see a glimpse of colonial history in central Melbourne.
The Yarra River’s waterfront offers a diverse range of hotels, galleries, bars and a casino complex.
Just behind Melbourne’s iconic St. Kilda Beach, this historic suburb is famous for its art scene, live music venues, mouth-watering cakes and the wild rides of Luna Park.
Some of Melbourne’s best designer shopping can be found in this historically affluent inner-city suburb bordered to the north by the winding Yarra River.
From native greenery to exotic blooms, exquisite parklands have pride of place in this leafy town on the eastern slopes of Mount Dandenong.
Top Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed on Jul. 4, 2020
Reviewed on Jun. 20, 2020
Reviewed on Jun. 29, 2020
Top things to do in Melbourne
Great Ocean Road Small-Group Eco Tour from Melbourne
Great Ocean Road & Twelve Apostles Tour from Melbourne
Official Neighbours Tour with Exclusive Set Access
Melbourne Beach Vacation
It's time to pack your suitcase and enjoy a cocktail by the sea on a Melbourne vacation. Picturesque coastal vistas abound on a trip to Melbourne — St Kilda Beach (4 miles (6 km) away) is an excellent example. It's a great idea to book a hotel close by. If you need other options, a lot of sightseers also take advantage of Melbourne vacation deals close to Brighton Beach and Elwood Beach.
Things You Should Know About Melbourne
- Listening to the soothing sounds of lapping waves is one of life's small pleasures. See what you can find among our Melbourne beach hotels and get ready to switch into vacation mode.
- Apartments are also popular with travelers to the area. Spacious Urban Oasis in Central Location and Punthill Ivanhoe are great examples of what you can expect from this style of accommodation.
- Alternatively, go for one of our All-Inclusive hotels in Melbourne. They make it easy to budget. Leave your wallet in your room and enjoy the freedom that comes with the all-inclusive way of vacationing.
- Our Melbourne things to do page is a fantastic place to begin organizing your trip to Melbourne. After you arrive, strike up a conversation with one of the 4,246,400 locals to discover even more.
- Save loads of cash on unforgettable experiences with our Melbourne vacation deals. See Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex, along with other big-name sights, with the extra dollars in your wallet.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best way to save money on my Melbourne vacation?
Which airports can I fly into for a Melbourne vacation?
What are the most popular types of hotels for a trip to Melbourne?
What does a vacation booking with Expedia include?
What are the best things to do in Melbourne?
- St Kilda Scavenger Hunt: Hunt Through Historic St. Kilda
- Melbourne Scavenger Hunt: It’s a Mad, Mad, Melbourne
- Melbourne Scavenger Hunt: Marvelous Melbourne
- Melbourne Like a Local: Customized Private Tour
- Private - Phillip Island Tour with Wildlife & Lunch
- Private - Melbourne City Tour