Universal City Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Los Angeles area, there are 326 low-cost motels among more than 4488 hotels and other accommodations. These budget accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Universal City has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Universal Studios Hollywood™, Universal CityWalk, and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Fun fact: Beginning in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and you can see these today along the historic U.S. Route 66. At most motels, you'll often find an outdoor pool and free parking.
Here are some of our customers' top motels to book in the larger area:
Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX
- Located 13.3 mi (21.5 km) from the heart of Universal City
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and an airport shuttle.
Americas Best Value Inn Hollywood Los Angeles
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Central Universal City is 3.9 mi (6.3 km) away
Hollywood Inn Express South
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Located 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from the heart of Universal City
- Central Universal City is 10.1 mi (16.2 km) away
- Free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk are available during your stay.
Hollywood Inn Express LAX
- 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from the heart of Universal City
- Enjoy access to the free WiFi, parking, and 24-hour front desk.
What to Do in Universal City
Check out the fun-filled theme parks and enjoy the top-notch restaurants in this family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. Visitors like Universal City for its shops and entertainment venues.
Here are some popular places:
- Universal Studios Hollywood™
- Universal CityWalk
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- San Fernando Valley
- Griffith Park
- La Brea Tar Pits
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Warner Brothers Studio
- NBC Studios
- Los Angeles Zoo
Universal City is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Universal City
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Universal City by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically August and September, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 71° F and nighttime temperatures average 41° F
- April-June: 84° F is the daytime average and 48° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 89° F and nighttime averages are around 58° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 83° F during the day and 41° F at night
- Average rainfall is 16.65 inches in a year
How to Get to Universal City and Around the Area
Universal City Transportation
|Burbank, CA (BUR-Bob Hope) ||Airport ||4 mi (6.5 km) |
|Van Nuys, CA (VNY) ||Airport ||9.5 mi (15.3 km) |
|Santa Monica, CA (SMO-Santa Monica Municipal) ||Airport ||10 mi (16.1 km) |