Search Motels in Portland from CA $57
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in Portland
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct. 16, 2020
Other property types in Portland
Mark Spencer Hotel
Reviewed on Jan. 23, 2021
Red Lion Hotel on the River Jantzen Beach
Reviewed on Jan. 20, 2021
Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center
Reviewed on Jan. 3, 2021
Portland Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 43 inexpensive motels in Portland among more than 1022 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
By saving on your room price, you can make the most of what Portland has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Pioneer Courthouse Square, Tom McCall Waterfront Park, and Providence Park.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was invented in 1925 in San Luis Obispo, California by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have outdoor access to guestrooms from the parking lot.
Listed below are some of Expedia customers' best-rated Portland motels available to book:
- Stay within a quick 3-minute drive of Grotto.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- A fitness center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a quick 2-minute drive of Grotto.
- Enjoy access to the spa tub, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Portland Meadows Racetrack and Portland International Raceway.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Oregon Convention Center and Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
- Stay within a quick 4-minute drive of Grotto.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in PortlandWhile you're sightseeing, check out the acclaimed art scene or simply enjoy the top-notch restaurants. Visitors to Portland love the live music, gardens, and riverfront.
Here are some popular places:
- Pioneer Courthouse Square
- Tom McCall Waterfront Park
- Providence Park
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Portland Japanese Garden
- Multnomah Falls
- Simon and Helen Director Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Oregon Zoo
- Portland Aerial Tram
- Oaks Amusement Park
Portland is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit PortlandDetermine the optimal time to visit Portland by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 58° F and nighttime temperatures average 32° F
- April-June: 75° F is the daytime average and 39° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 80° F and nighttime averages are around 44° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 70° F during the day and 31° F at night
- Average rainfall is 41.65 inches in a year
How to Get to Portland and Around the Area
|Portland, OR (PDX-Portland Intl.)||Airport||6.7 mi (10.7 km)|
|Salem, OR (SLE-McNary Field)||Airport||45 mi (72.5 km)|
|SW 6th-Madison Street Station||Metro Station||0.1 mi (0.1 km)|
|City Hall-SW 5th and Jefferson Street Station||Metro Station||0.1 mi (0.2 km)|
|Pioneer Square South Station||Metro Station||0.1 mi (0.2 km)|
|Portland Union Station||Train Station||0.9 mi (1.4 km)|
|Beaverton Hall-Nimbus Station||Train Station||6.6 mi (10.6 km)|
|Tigard Transit Center Station||Train Station||7.4 mi (11.9 km)|