Jasper Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from more than 17 hotels and other lodging options in Jasper, though there are only 2 inexpensive motels. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
By saving on your room price, you can make the most of what Jasper has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Marmot Basin, Jasper National Park, and Icefields Parkway.
Fun fact: The term "motel" was invented in 1925 by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel in San Luis Obispo, California. Often just a story or two, motels usually have outdoor access to guestrooms from the parking lot.
Listed below are some of our customers' recommended Jasper motels to select from:
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Jasper National Park and Icefields Parkway.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
The Crimson Jasper
- A restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Jasper National Park and Icefields Parkway.
Things to Do in Jasper
While you're sightseeing around the area, enjoy its majestic mountain landscape and top-notch restaurants. Those who've visited Jasper speak highly of its ski slopes and lakeside setting.
Here are some popular places:
- Marmot Basin
- Jasper National Park
- Icefields Parkway
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Patricia Lake
- Pyramid Lake
- Maligne Lake
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Golf Course
- Sunwapta Falls
- Maligne Canyon
Jasper is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Jasper
Determine the optimal time to visit Jasper by looking over the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 47° F and nighttime temperatures average 8° F
- April-June: 70° F is the daytime average and 25° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 72° F and nighttime averages are around 34° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 56° F during the day and 5° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.91 inches in a year
How to Get to Jasper and Around the Area
|Jasper Station ||Train Station ||0.1 mi (0.1 km) |