The COVID-19 outbreak has transformed how the world works in endless ways, including our approach to travel. The following tips will help you better understand the new challenges and prepare you for your journey to St. Pierre and Miquelon:
- Investigate if any travel restrictions apply to your origin and destination before booking. Also check if there are any conditions you’ll have to follow on arrival, such as installing a contact tracing app.
- When you pass through airport checkpoints, do not remove your face mask. You will be required to lower it briefly for identification purposes. Anyone refusing to wear a face mask may be fined and denied entry.
- To reduce the risk of cross-contamination, place your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA agent.
- TSA now allows passengers to take one container of hand sanitizer, up to 12 oz (350 ml) in size, in carry-on baggage. This will need to be removed from your bag for X-ray screening.
- Place any personal items (phone, keys and wallet) in your carry-on rather than a bin to reduce handling during screening.
- Separate any food you’re carrying for screening. Food items often set off the alarm. Placing them in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA employee to handle and inspect your belongings.