Search Hostels in Whitefish from CA $72
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Whitefish
Other property types in Whitefish
Meadow Lake Resort
Reviewed on Oct. 20, 2020
Travel Inn - Glacier National Park
Reviewed on Oct. 22, 2020
My Place Hotel-Kalispell MT
Reviewed on Oct. 21, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're in the market for low-cost places to stay in Whitefish, a hostel in town might be a great choice for you. These dorm-style accommodations come in quite a few shapes and sizes, but all of them have a few qualities in common:
- Low prices
- A social setting
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
By going with a hostel in Whitefish, you can spend less on lodging and save more of your trip funds for sightseeing during your vacation. You can enjoy activities in this destination like hiking and boating.
Hostels in Whitefish
Need some guidance on where to stay in Whitefish? This hostel is popular:
Whitefish Hostel - Close to public transit, this property is within a 10-minute walk of Whitefish Depot. Property features include free continental breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Rooms come with showers.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Whitefish?
The weather can be a big factor when you're experiencing new places, so here's a little information that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 51° F and nighttime temperatures average 15° F
- April-June: 76° F is the daytime average and 29° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 84° F and nighttime averages are around 33° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 63° F during the day and 14° F at night
- Average rainfall is 17.01 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Whitefish?
Depending on what interests you, you might like these places:Natural Features
- Glacier National Park
- Flathead Lake
- Lake McDonald
- Alpine Theatre Project
- Dick Idol Signature Gallery
- Whitefish Theatre Company
- Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort
- Frank Lloyd Wright Building
- Riverside Park
Overall, Whitefish is known for its:
- Mountain views
How to Get to Whitefish and Around the Area
You can search for flights to the closest airport in Kalispell, MT (FCA-Glacier Park Intl.), 8.1 mi (13.1 km) away from the city center. When you're out and about, you might want to use public transit to get around. Train stations like Whitefish Depot and West Glacier Station make it easy to explore more of the area.