Kingston Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 16 economical motels in Kingston among the more than 95 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash to use on your vacation.
By saving on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in Kingston. Not-to-be-missed sights include Boldt Castle, Leon's Centre, and Kingston Waterfront.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was conceived in 1925 by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel in San Luis Obispo, California. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Listed below are some of Expedia customers' best-rated Kingston motels available to book:
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Kingston
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Queen's University and Leon's Centre.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Super 8 by Wyndham Kingston
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Kingston Waterfront and Leon's Centre.
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Kingston Waterfront and Leon's Centre.
- Free WiFi, free parking, and a picnic area are available during your stay.
Lord Nelson Motel
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Kingston Waterfront and Leon's Centre.
- Enjoy access to the picnic area, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Kingston
Visitors to Kingston speak highly of its shops and restaurants. Take time for sightseeing and enjoy all there is to do in this historical area.
Here are some popular places:
- Boldt Castle
- Leon's Centre
- Kingston Waterfront
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Kingston City Park
- Lake Ontario Park
- Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- Kingston Family Funworld
- Gananoque Boat Line
Kingston is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Kingston
Determine the optimal time to visit Kingston by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 44° F and nighttime temperatures average 7° F
- April-June: 74° F is the daytime average and 28° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 77° F and nighttime averages are around 45° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 61° F during the day and 12° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.46 inches in a year
How to Get to Kingston and Around the Area
|Kingston, ON (YGK-Norman Rogers) ||Airport ||5.8 mi (9.3 km) |
|Watertown, NY (ART-Watertown Intl.) ||Airport ||28 mi (45.1 km) |
|Kingston Station ||Train Station ||3.3 mi (5.3 km) |
|Napanee Station ||Train Station ||23.4 mi (37.7 km) |