Canmore Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 327 hotels and other lodging choices in Canmore, though there are only 2 economical motels. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Because you'll save on your room, you can experience more of the activities in Canmore. Banff Gondola, Upper Hot Springs, and Cave and Basin National Historic Site are some of the popular places you can visit in the larger area.
Fun fact: The first motels popped up in the 1920s as convenient lodging for the tired traveler driving along America's major roadways. Motel properties often include free parking, and many also include an outdoor pool.
Here are some of our customers' best-rated Canmore motels available to book:
- Stay within a 30-minute drive of Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity and Upper Hot Springs.
- Enjoy access to the free WiFi and free parking, as well as room amenities like an iPad.
The Drake Inn
- A restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a 30-minute drive of Upper Hot Springs and Banff Gondola.
What to Do in Canmore
While you're sightseeing in the area, be sure to enjoy its scenic riverfront and majestic mountain landscape. People visiting Canmore love its ski slopes.
Here are favorite places in and around Canmore:
- Banff Gondola
- Upper Hot Springs
- Cave and Basin National Historic Site
Enjoy nature with a stop at:
- Canmore Caverns
- Wind Ridge Trail
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Silvertip Golf Course
- Canmore Museum and Geoscience Centre
- Canmore Golf and Curling Club
Canmore is also popular for its:
- Live music
Best Time to Visit Canmore
Figure out the ideal time to visit Canmore by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 45° F and nighttime temperatures average 5° F
- April-June: 70° F is the daytime average and 21° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 74° F and nighttime averages are around 33° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 58° F during the day and 10° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.91 inches in a year