Calgary Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 20 low-cost motels in Calgary among more than 525 lodging choices. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy more of what Calgary has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Calgary Tower, Stampede Park, and Scotiabank Saddledome.
Fun fact: Motels in the U.S. boomed at the end of the 1940s with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the 1960s with over 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll usually access your room from an outside corridor overlooking the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers' recommended Calgary motels to choose from:
Super 8 by Wyndham Calgary/Airport
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Calgary Zoo and Calgary Tower.
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast, parking, and an airport shuttle.
- A business center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of McMahon Stadium and University of Calgary.
Motel 6 Airdrie, AB
- Enjoy access to the indoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- If driving, you'll be within 12 minutes of Cross Iron Mills Mall.
Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of McMahon Stadium and University of Calgary.
- Free breakfast and an indoor pool are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
Travelodge by Wyndham Calgary South
- Stay within a quick 1-minute drive of Chinook Centre.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Calgary
People who've visited Calgary love the entertainment and riverfront. Enjoy all there is to see and do in this vibrant area while you're out sightseeing.
Here are some popular places:
- Calgary Tower
- Stampede Park
- Scotiabank Saddledome
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Canada Olympic Park
- Devonian Gardens
- McDougall Centre
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Calgary Zoo
- Calaway Park
- Southland Leisure Centre
Calgary is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Calgary
Decide when you'd like to visit Calgary by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 46° F and nighttime temperatures average 5° F
- April-June: 71° F is the daytime average and 23° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 73° F and nighttime averages are around 35° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 59° F during the day and 6° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.63 inches in a year
How to Get to Calgary and Around the Area
|Calgary, AB (YYC-Calgary Intl.) ||Airport ||6.3 mi (10.1 km) |
|3rd Street SW Station ||Metro Station ||0.1 mi (0.2 km) |
|4th Street SW Station ||Metro Station ||0.1 mi (0.2 km) |
|6th Street SW Station ||Metro Station ||0.2 mi (0.4 km) |
|Calgary University Station ||Train Station ||3.2 mi (5.1 km) |
|Calgary Heritage Station ||Train Station ||4.9 mi (7.8 km) |