Squamish Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 32 hotels and other lodging choices in Squamish, though there are only 2 affordable motels. These less expensive accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. after World War II when cars became more popular along with road trip vacations, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of Expedia customers' recommended Squamish motels to select from:
August Jack Motor Inn
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Squamish Budget Inn
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
What to Do in Squamish
People who've visited Squamish like its ski slopes, mountain landscape, and breweries. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Squamish Estuary
- Brackendale Eagles Provincial Park
- Stawamus Chief Provincial Park
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- West Coast Railway Heritage Park
- Whistle Punk Hollow Adventure Golf
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Shannon Falls Provincial Park
- Squamish Adventure Centre
- Quest University Canada
Squamish is also known for its:
- Rock climbing
Best Time to Visit Squamish
Decide when you'd like to visit Squamish by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 50° F and nighttime temperatures average 29° F
- April-June: 67° F is the daytime average and 37° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 70° F and nighttime averages are around 45° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 58° F during the day and 31° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.57 inches in a year
How to Get to Squamish and Around the Area
|Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.) ||Airport ||36 mi (58 km) |