Search Hostels in Prince George from CA $93
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Prince George
Other property types in Prince George
Courtyard by Marriott Prince George
Reviewed on Oct. 19, 2020
Pomeroy Inn & Suites Prince George
Reviewed on Oct. 13, 2020
Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Prince George
Reviewed on Oct. 17, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're searching for an affordable place to stay in Prince George, a hostel in town might be a great option for you. No two hostels look exactly alike, but these dormitory-style accommodations all offer the following:
- Shared rooms (though many have private options too)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social setting
Hostels are a great way to stay in Prince George for a good value, so you can save your budget for going out. If you're hoping to enjoy the natural surroundings, you can check out the gardens while you're here.
Hostels in Prince George
Ready to book a hostel? These options have the best reviews from our customers and might be a good place to start:
Residences at University of Northern BC - Property features include free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. You'll find desks and coffee/tea makers in all rooms.
The Lotus Hostel & Rooms - 2-minute walk from Prince George Station for easy access to public transit. Property features include free WiFi, a shared/communal kitchen, and laundry facilities. Rooms come with showers.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Prince George?
The weather can be important when you're discovering new places, so here are some stats that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 44° F and nighttime temperatures average 5° F
- April-June: 71° F is the daytime average and 25° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 73° F and nighttime averages are around 35° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 57° F during the day and 8° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.75 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Prince George?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might appreciate these places:Natural Features
- Forests for the World
- Fort George Park
- Cottonwood Island Park
- Prince George Playhouse
- Exploration Place Museum and Science Centre
- Theatre North West
- Charles Jago Northern Sport Centre
- University of Northern British Columbia
- CN Centre
Overall, Prince George is known for its:
- University life
How to Get to Prince George and Around the Area
You can find the closest airport in Prince George, BC (YXS), located 5.1 mi (8.1 km) away from the city center. Once you've arrived, you might want to use public transit during your trip. If you're hoping to see more of the surrounding area, head over to Prince George Station to hop on a train.