Romania is known for its festivals. Because it is one of the most religious regions in Europe, many of these festivals center around religious origins or purposes. During many of these festivals, you will want to find and book rooms at the hotels in Romania in advance as many fill up quickly. Such religious festivals include:
- The Whit Sunday Szekely Pilgrimage -- This is the largest traditional religious and folk Szekely festival of the year.
- The De la Colind la Stea Christmas festival -- This festival is a great celebration held in Brasov.
Other festivals are rooted in the regions's culture rather than religion. Such festivals include:
- The Fundata Fair -- This folkloric festival, held in June, was originally held so that shepherds could meet their future wives.
- The International Chamber Music Festival Concerts -- These concerts, held during the months of September in Brasov and Bran, are a treat to your ears.
- Medieval Days -- This two-week long festival is held in the town of Sighisoara and is a celebration of authentic medieval arts, music, and crafts.
- Hora de la Prislop -- Held on the Prislop Pass, this festival includes wild dancing
- Sambra oilor -- This folkloric festival celebrates the coming of the sheep herds down from the mountains.
When to Visit
The best times to visit Romania are May and June. During this period, the weather is at its most mild. It's also a great time to find Romania hotel deals and Romania hotel packages.
Cheap hotel deals in Romania can also be found during the winters. This is a good time for a cheap Romania hotel deal, and Romanian winters are a great time for skiing.
Beginning in late June, the hotels and resorts along the Black Sea coast start filling up, and you may need to make advance reservations on Expedia to get into many top Romania hotels.
Region Hotel Destinations in Europe
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Faroe Islands
- F.Y.R.O. Macedonia
- San Marino
- United Kingdom