Search Hostels in Nanaimo from CA $58
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Nanaimo
Other property types in Nanaimo
THE Beach Club Resort
Reviewed on Oct. 22, 2020
Coast Bastion Hotel
Reviewed on Oct. 24, 2020
Days Inn by Wyndham Nanaimo
Reviewed on Oct. 13, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're looking for an affordable place to stay in Nanaimo, a hostel in town could be a great option. These dorm-style accommodations come in many different forms, but they have three main qualities in common:
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social atmosphere
- Shared rooms (though many hostels also have private rooms)
By choosing a hostel in Nanaimo, you can cut your spending on lodging and use more of your money for fun things to do during your stay. You can enjoy activities in this destination like boating and hiking.
Hostels in Nanaimo
You might be wondering, what are some popular hostels in Nanaimo? According to our customers' reviews, these options have positive ratings:
Painted Turtle Guesthouse - You can take advantage of free WiFi and a shared/communal kitchen, as well as laundry facilities. You'll find showers, desks, and free bottled water in all rooms.
Nanaimo Cambie Hostel - Guests can enjoy free WiFi, a nightclub, and a bar. Rooms come with coffee/tea makers.
Vancouver Island University Residences - Located within a 5-minute walk of Vancouver Island University. Property features include free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Rooms come with free toiletries and desks.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Nanaimo?
Good weather's always better when you're discovering new places, so here are some stats about the seasons:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 50° F and nighttime temperatures average 31° F
- April-June: 69° F is the daytime average and 36° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 74° F and nighttime averages are around 45° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 61° F during the day and 31° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.77 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Nanaimo?
Depending on your interests, you might appreciate these places:Top Sights
- Departure Bay Ferry Terminal
- Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park
- Protection Island
- Newcastle Island Marine Provincial Park
- Beach Estates Park
- Nanaimo Museum
- Ladysmith Little Theatre
- Ladysmith Museum
In general, Nanaimo is known for its:
How to Get to Nanaimo and Around the Area
You'll find the nearest airport in Nanaimo, BC (ZNA-Nanaimo Harbour Water Aerodrome), located 0.1 mi (0.2 km) away from the city center. Another option is Nanaimo, BC (YCD), which is 8.3 mi (13.4 km) away.