Search Motels in Jersey City from CA $81
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Jersey City
Hyatt House Jersey City
Reviewed on Jan. 6, 2021
Residence Inn by Marriott Weehawken
Reviewed on Jan. 1, 2021
Best Western Premier NYC Gateway Hotel
Reviewed on Jan. 13, 2021
Jersey City Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 437 hotels and other lodging options in Jersey City, though there are only 4 economical motels. These less expensive accommodations can help you cut costs compared to traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy more of the attractions in Jersey City. Not-to-be-missed sights include Colgate Clock, Newport Mall, and Liberty State Park.
Fun fact: Motels in the U.S. boomed at the end of the 1940s with the popularity of car travel and road trip vacations, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room from an outside corridor overlooking the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers’ favorite Jersey City motels to choose from:
- Stay within a quick 5-minute drive of MetLife Stadium.
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- A 24-hour front desk along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and RV/bus/truck parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and Madison Square Garden.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Journal Square and Newport Mall.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Journal Square and Newport Mall.
- A fitness center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
What to Do in Jersey CityWhile you're sightseeing in this vibrant area, take time to enjoy its riverfront and parks. People visiting Jersey City love its shops.
Here are some popular places:
- Colgate Clock
- Newport Mall
- Liberty State Park
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Hoboken Waterfront
- Van Vorst Park
- Meluso Park
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Field Station Dinosaurs
- Central Park Zoo
- Bronx Zoo
Jersey City is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Jersey CityDecide when you'd like to visit Jersey City by reviewing the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 56° F and nighttime temperatures average 24° F
- April-June: 85° F is the daytime average and 39° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 86° F and nighttime averages are around 54° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 71° F during the day and 26° F at night
- Average rainfall is 46.26 inches in a year
How to Get to Jersey City and Around the Area
|Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.)||Airport||7.4 mi (11.9 km)|
|Teterboro, NJ (TEB)||Airport||9.4 mi (15.1 km)|
|New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia)||Airport||9.7 mi (15.5 km)|
|Bergenline Avenue Station||Metro Station||4.5 mi (7.2 km)|
|Jersey City Grove St. Station||Train Station||0.1 mi (0.2 km)|
|Jersey City Marin Boulevard Station||Train Station||0.3 mi (0.5 km)|
|Jersey City Harborside Financial Center Station||Train Station||0.4 mi (0.6 km)|