Search Hostels in Fernie from CA $79
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Fernie
Other property types in Fernie
Fernie Stanford Resort
Reviewed on Oct. 22, 2020
Lizard Creek Lodge
Reviewed on Sep. 20, 2020
Best Western Plus Fernie Mountain Lodge
Reviewed on Oct. 19, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're searching for an affordable place to stay in Fernie, there are 52 accommodation options here to pick from, including hostels. These dorm-style accommodations come in lots of different forms, but they have three main things in common:
- Budget prices
- A social environment
- Shared rooms (though many hostels also have private rooms)
By staying at a hostel in Fernie, you can cut your spending on accommodations and save more of your trip funds for sightseeing during your vacation. You can enjoy activities like skiing, and the mountain views create an appealing natural setting.
Hostels in Fernie
Still deciding where to stay in Fernie? This hostel is popular:
Raging Elk Hostel - You can take advantage of free WiFi and a bar, as well as a sauna. Rooms come with showers.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Fernie?
The weather can be important when you want to venture out and explore, so here are some stats about the seasons:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 45° F and nighttime temperatures average 6° F
- April-June: 70° F is the daytime average and 22° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 75° F and nighttime averages are around 32° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 57° F during the day and 9° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.79 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Fernie?
Depending on your interests, you might appreciate these places to visit:Natural Features
- Annex Park
- Ancient Cottonwoods Trailhead
- Lake Koocanusa
- Arts Station
- Fernie Museum
- Fernie Nature Centre
- Fernie Alpine Resort
- Coal Creek Heritage Trailhead
- Fernie Aquatic Centre
Generally, Fernie is known for its:
- Mountain views
How to Get to Fernie and Around the Area
You can find the nearest airport in Cranbrook, BC (YXC-Canadian Rockies Intl.), 35.3 mi (56.8 km) from the city center.