Edgefield Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Aiken area, there are 7 low-priced motels among more than 106 hotels and other lodging choices. These less expensive accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels became more commonplace after World War II with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Here are some of our customers' top motels to book in the larger area:
West Bank Inn
- Located 21.6 mi (34.7 km) from the heart of Edgefield
- Enjoy access to the fitness center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Aiken
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Central Edgefield is 25.9 mi (41.8 km) away
Motel 6 Augusta-Ft Gordon
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Located 24.9 mi (40 km) from the heart of Edgefield
Red Carpet Inn
- Central Edgefield is 25.8 mi (41.5 km) away
- Laundry facilities along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Super 8 by Wyndham Augusta/Ft Gordon Area
- 26.1 mi (42 km) from the heart of Edgefield
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
What to Do in Edgefield
During your visit, some places to see are:
- Slade Lake Park (5 mi/8 km from the city center)
- National Wild Turkey Federation Wild Turkey Center (6.3 mi/10.1 km from the city center)
Edgefield is also popular for its:
- University life
Best Time to Visit Edgefield
Decide when you'd like to visit Edgefield by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 72° F and nighttime temperatures average 32° F
- April-June: 92° F is the daytime average and 47° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 92° F and nighttime averages are around 58° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 80° F during the day and 32° F at night
- Average rainfall is 51.14 inches in a year
How to Get to Edgefield and Around the Area
|Augusta, GA (AGS-Augusta Regional) ||Airport ||30.9 mi (49.8 km) |