The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in big changes to the way we travel. If you plan to visit South Carolina, the following tips will help you navigate the “new normal:”
- Research if any travel restrictions apply to your destination and origin before locking in a flight. Also check if there are any special conditions you’ll need to follow on arrival, such as taking a COVID-19 test.
- Requirements state that you must wear a face mask at the airport, including at screening checkpoints. Be ready to lower your mask for ID verification when asked by a TSA officer.
- Rather than handing a TSA officer your boarding pass, place it directly on the scanner yourself. After that, hold it up for inspection.
- You can now take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on baggage. You’ll have to remove it for X-ray screening.
- Put any personal items (phone, wallet and keys for example) in your carry-on rather than a bin to reduce handling during screening.
- Separate any food you’re carrying for screening. Putting it in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA officer to handle and inspect your belongings.