Search Hostels in Castlegar from CA $65
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Castlegar
Other property types in Castlegar
Hume Hotel & Spa
Reviewed on Oct. 20, 2020
Prestige Lakeside Resort, BW Premier Collection
Reviewed on Oct. 13, 2020
Alpine Inn & Suites
Reviewed on Oct. 15, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're in the market for somewhere affordable to stay in Castlegar, a hostel in town could be a great option for you. These dorm-style accommodations come in lots of different forms, but they have three main things in common:
- Low prices
- A social environment
- Shared rooms (though many hostels also have private rooms)
By going with a hostel in Castlegar, you can cut your spending on lodging and set aside more of your money for fun things to do during your trip. You can enjoy activities in this destination like skiing and hiking.
Hostels in Castlegar
Need some guidance on where to stay in Castlegar? This hostel is popular:
Dancing Bear Inn Hostel - You can take advantage of free WiFi and free parking, as well as a shared/communal kitchen. You'll find showers in all rooms.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Castlegar?
The weather can be a big factor when you want to venture out and explore, so here are some stats that may be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 58° F and nighttime temperatures average 24° F
- April-June: 83° F is the daytime average and 35° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 88° F and nighttime averages are around 42° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 68° F during the day and 23° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.79 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Castlegar?
Depending on how you want to spend your time, you might appreciate these places:Natural Features
- Syringa Creek Provincial Park
- Gyro Park
- Erie Creek Provincial Park
- CPR Station Museum
- Doukhobor Discovery Centre
- Kootenay Gallery
- Red Mountain Resort
- Whitewater Ski Resort
- Selkirk College
Overall, Castlegar is known for its:
- Hot springs
- Live music
- Mountain views
How to Get to Castlegar and Around the Area
You can search for flights to the nearest airport in Castlegar, BC (YCG), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) away from the city center. Another option is Trail, BC (YZZ-Trail Regional), located 18.9 mi (30.3 km) away.