Search Motels in Castlegar from CA $53
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in Castlegar
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Castlegar
Hume Hotel & Spa
Reviewed on Nov. 24, 2020
Alpine Inn & Suites
Reviewed on Nov. 21, 2020
Glenwood Inn & Suites
Reviewed on Nov. 21, 2020
Castlegar Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 13 economical motels in Castlegar among more than 123 lodging choices. These less expensive accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
When you save on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in Castlegar. Top sights include Red Mountain Resort and Whitewater Ski Resort.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. after World War II when cars became more popular along with road trip vacations, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. With a stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers' recommended Castlegar motels to select from:
- Stay within a quick 4-minute drive of Red Mountain Resort.
- Enjoy access to the spa tub, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
- You'll be located within 19 minutes of Whitewater Ski Resort by car.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- If driving, you'll be within 16 minutes of Red Mountain Resort.
- You'll be located within 24 minutes of Whitewater Ski Resort by car.
- An indoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- If driving, you'll be within 13 minutes of Red Mountain Resort.
- Enjoy access to the picnic area, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in CastlegarPeople who've visited Castlegar have good things to say about its ski slopes, art scene, and live music. While you're sightseeing, be sure to enjoy the area's riverfront and mountain landscape.
Must-see local attractions include:
- Red Mountain Resort
- Whitewater Ski Resort
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Syringa Creek Provincial Park
- Gyro Park
- Erie Creek Provincial Park
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Kootenay Gallery
- Baldface Lodge
- Columbia Mountains
Castlegar is also notable for its:
- Hot springs
Best Time to Visit CastlegarDecide when you'd like to visit Castlegar by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 58° F and nighttime temperatures average 24° F
- April-June: 83° F is the daytime average and 35° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 88° F and nighttime averages are around 42° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 68° F during the day and 23° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.79 inches in a year
How to Get to Castlegar and Around the Area
|Castlegar, BC (YCG)||Airport||2.2 mi (3.5 km)|
|Trail, BC (YZZ-Trail Regional)||Airport||18.9 mi (30.3 km)|