Orillia Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 21 hotels and other lodging choices in Orillia, though there are only 3 economical motels. These cheaper accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
By saving on your room price, you can make the most of what Orillia has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Orillia Opera House in Orillia, as well as Casino Rama and Mount St. Louis Moonstone in the area.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was coined in 1925 in San Luis Obispo, California by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel. Often one or two stories tall, motel properties usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Listed below are some of Expedia customers' best-rated Orillia motels to select from:
- Stay within a quick 1-minute drive of Orillia Opera House.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Kings Inn - Orillia
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
- It's located within a quick 2-minute drive of Orillia Opera House.
- Enjoy access to the free WiFi and free parking, as well as room amenities like cable TV.
- Stay within a quick 3-minute drive of Orillia Opera House.
What to Do in Orillia
Those who've visited Orillia like the lakeside. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
Here are favorite places in and around Orillia:
- Orillia Opera House
- Casino Rama
- Mount St. Louis Moonstone
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Couchiching Beach Park
- Scout Valley
- Lake Couchiching
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Leacock Museum
- Orillia Community Centre Arena
- Couchiching Golf and Country Club
Orillia is also known for its:
- Casino gaming
- Bird watching
Best Time to Visit Orillia
Determine the optimal time to visit Orillia by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 43° F and nighttime temperatures average 6° F
- April-June: 77° F is the daytime average and 24° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 77° F and nighttime averages are around 43° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 63° F during the day and 12° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.38 inches in a year
How to Get to Orillia and Around the Area
|Muskoka, ON (YQA) ||Airport ||25.5 mi (41.1 km) |