Search Motels in Detroit from CA $60
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in Detroit
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Detroit
MotorCity Casino Hotel
Reviewed on Nov. 4, 2020
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Detroit Metro Airport
Reviewed on Nov. 7, 2020
Atheneum Suite Hotel
Reviewed on Oct. 20, 2020
Detroit Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 18 economical motels in Detroit among more than 472 lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money to use for your vacation.
By saving on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in Detroit. Not-to-be-missed sights include Cobo Center, GM Renaissance Center, and Greektown Casino.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was invented in 1925 in San Luis Obispo, California by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have outdoor access to guestrooms from the parking lot.
Listed below are some of Expedia customers' recommended Detroit motels to choose from:
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of GM Renaissance Center and Greektown Casino.
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast, parking, and an area shuttle.
- A restaurant along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a quick 5-minute drive of Detroit Zoo.
- Enjoy access to the free parking and laundry facilities, as well as room amenities like WiFi.
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Detroit Zoo and Somerset Collection.
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village.
- Free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities are available during your stay.
- Stay within a 20-minute drive of Henry Ford Museum and Eastern Michigan University.
- Enjoy access to the business center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in DetroitThose who've visited Detroit love the entertainment and live music. Enjoy all there is to see and do in this vibrant, historical area while you're sightseeing.
Here are some popular places:
- Cobo Center
- GM Renaissance Center
- Greektown Casino
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Belle Isle
- Detroit Riverwalk
- Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Detroit Zoo
- Greenfield Village
- SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium
Detroit is also notable for its:
- Casino gaming
Best Time to Visit DetroitDetermine the optimal time to visit Detroit by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 51° F and nighttime temperatures average 20° F
- April-June: 82° F is the daytime average and 34° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 50° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 66° F during the day and 22° F at night
- Average rainfall is 31.34 inches in a year
How to Get to Detroit and Around the Area
|Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal)||Airport||5.8 mi (9.3 km)|
|Windsor, ON (YQG)||Airport||6 mi (9.6 km)|
|Detroit, MI (DTW-Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County)||Airport||17.2 mi (27.7 km)|
|Cadillac Center Station||Metro Station||0.2 mi (0.2 km)|
|Financial District Station||Metro Station||0.2 mi (0.3 km)|
|Millender Center Station||Metro Station||0.3 mi (0.4 km)|
|Detroit Station||Train Station||2.9 mi (4.6 km)|
|Dearborn Station||Train Station||9.8 mi (15.7 km)|
|Royal Oak Station||Train Station||12 mi (19.4 km)|