Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, traveling today comes with a few additional challenges. Have a read over the following information before jumping on your flight to Belize:
- Before booking your flight, see if any travel restrictions or bans apply — in both your origin and destination. Keep informed with the latest updates by checking official government websites.
- You must wear a face mask throughout your travel experience, including at screening checkpoints. You should be prepared to lower your mask to verify your identity when asked by a TSA officer.
- Avoid handing your boarding pass (electronic or paper) directly to a TSA employee. Rather, position the pass on the reader and then hold it up so the agent can inspect it.
- You are now allowed to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on bag. You’ll have to remove it for X-ray scanning.
- To reduce handling during screening, put items such as your loose change and phone into your carry-on rather than into the bins.
- Transport your food items in a clear plastic bag and also place them in a screening bin. Separating food from your carry-on means it’s less likely a TSA agent will need to open and touch your bag for inspection.