- La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- 7 min walk
- Colinas del Poas
- 11 min drive
- San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.)
- 36 min drive
- Barva Volcano
- 81 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1-866-500-4938
About this area
Located in Vara Blanca, Peace Lodge is on the riverwalk. The area's natural beauty can be seen at La Paz Waterfall Gardens and Poas Volcano National Park. Travelling with kids? Consider Corso Lechería, or check out an event or a game at Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto.
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens - 7 min walk
- Poas Volcano National Park - 9 min drive
- Colinas del Poas - 11 min drive
- Finca Verde Lodge Private Tours - 18 min drive
- Barva Volcano - 81 min drive
- Heredia Station - 60 min drive
- San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.) - 52 min drive
- Where to eat
- Poas Volcano – Serves breakfast.
- Colibries – Serves lunch.
- Big Trout Bar – Serves lunch.
- Vista Poas – Serves dinner.
About this property
Awards and affiliations
- Peace Lodge is listed in the 2014 Condé Nast Traveller Top 100 List.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
- The front desk is open daily from 6 AM - 10 PM. <br />
- 24-hour airport shuttle service is available upon request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
- Pets not allowed
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cots (infant beds)!
Property payment types
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between CRC 5000 and CRC 15000 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: CRC 40000 per vehicle (one way)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Peace Lodge Vara Blanca
- Peace Vara Blanca
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, amenities, property conditions & facilities
We stayed at the Peace Lodge for three nights and it is 5 star, beautiful views, great staff, fantastic tours, good food, well, worth the trip here. We highly recommend going to the Peace Lodge. It was peaceful, the room with the hot tubs and fireplace has everything you would want or need, they thought of everything! Loved this place and it made our entire trip enjoyable. Our tour guide Robin did a fantastic job showing us all the animals and explaining everything in detail. The front desk staff was very helpful and attentive to our every request. The tour to see the local volcano and the coffee plantation was also great. They included a free tour to see the frogs at night, which was super fun. We highly recommend staying here when you visit Costa Rica.