Fort McMurray Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 31 hotels and other lodging options in Fort McMurray, though there are only 2 low-priced motels. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you cut costs compared to traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Fun fact: The first motels popped up in the 1920s as convenient lodging for the weary traveler driving along America's major roadways. Motels often include free parking, and many also feature an outdoor pool.
Here are some of Expedia customers' best-rated Fort McMurray motels available to book:
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Rusty's BCMInns Fort McMurray
- A restaurant and free WiFi are available during your stay, along with room amenities like free wired Internet.
What to Do in Fort McMurray
During your visit, some places to see are:
- Peter Pond Mall (4 mi/6.5 km from the city center)
- Oil Sands Discovery Centre (5.3 mi/8.5 km from the city center)
Fort McMurray is also popular for its:
- Cultural attractions
- Northern lights
Best Time to Visit Fort McMurray
Figure out the ideal time to visit Fort McMurray by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 41° F and nighttime temperatures average -11° F
- April-June: 72° F is the daytime average and 18° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 74° F and nighttime averages are around 33° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 53° F during the day and -9° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.75 inches in a year
How to Get to Fort McMurray and Around the Area
Fort McMurray Transportation
|Fort McMurray, AB (YMM) ||Airport ||5.8 mi (9.3 km) |