COVID-19 has affected how the world works in endless ways, including how and where we’re able to travel. These tips will help you better understand the new challenges and get you ready for your escape to Iceland:
- Before you lock in a flight, find out if any travel restrictions or bans apply — in both your destination and origin. Get the latest updates by checking government and travel websites.
- When you pass through airport screening, keep your face mask on. You will be asked to lower it briefly for ID purposes. Those who refuse to wear a mask may face civil penalties and may also be escorted from the building.
- Instead of handing a TSA officer your boarding pass, position it straight on the scanner yourself. Once that’s done, hold it up for inspection.
- One liquid hand sanitizer container is now permitted in your carry-on bag. It must not be larger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll have to remove it from your bag at the X-ray machine for scanning.
- Put any personal items (like your phone and wallet) in your carry-on instead of a bin to reduce handling during screening.
- Separate any food you have for screening. Placing it in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA agent to handle and inspect your belongings.