Photo by Michael Lee
Find Cheap Hotels in Dar es Salaam from CA $43
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Top Dar es Salaam Cheap Hotels
Don't see what you're looking for?
We've got more Cheap Hotels. Find the right one for you.
Lowest nightly price found within the past 24 hours based on a 1 night stay for 2 adults. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.
Pocket Guide: Cheap Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Search for hotels in Dar es Salaam on Expedia. You can easily find your hotels in Dar es Salaam using one of the methods below:
- View our selection of featured hotels in Dar es Salaam
- Use the map to find hotels in the Dar es Salaam neighborhood you prefer
- Use the filters to see hotels in a specific area of Dar es Salaam, select a specific theme, brand, or hotel class from basic (1 Star) to luxury hotels (5 Stars) in Dar es Salaam
- Enter your travel dates to view the best deals on hotels in Dar es Salaam - while they last
Frequently asked questions
What is Dar es Salaam like for travelers on a budget?
Dar es Salaam has cheap accommodation options and a variety of places to visit, making it a budget-friendly vacation choice. You can find ways to save money while getting to know this destination, which is home to attractions like Zanzibar Ferry Terminal, Kariakoo Market, and Port of Dar es Salaam.
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Dar es Salaam?
How many cheap hotels will I find in Dar es Salaam?
Expedia has 8 hotels in Dar es Salaam that are ideal if you are watching your pennies.
When is the best time for a budget trip to Dar es Salaam?
Weather will likely play an important role when you plan your trip to Dar es Salaam, and keep in mind that cheaper options are usually available when the weather isn’t as good. The hottest months are usually February and March with an average temp of 81°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 75°F. Average annual precipitation for Dar es Salaam is 36 inches.
What is there to see and do in Dar es Salaam?
You won’t have to spend a lot to find places to visit in Dar es Salaam. You can budget for the local attractions that interest you most, and then fill your itinerary with sights that cost little or nothing at all. If you’re looking to enjoy the area’s natural beauty, you can get outdoors at Pugu Hills Nature Centre, Dar es Salaam Botanical Gardens, or Mbezi Beach.
How can I get to Dar es Salaam and get around on a budget?
Scoping out the transportation options in Dar es Salaam can help keep you on budget. The nearest airport is 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the center in Julius Nyerere Intl. Airport (DAR). However, if that doesn’t suit your budget, you can look into flights to Zanzibar Intl. Airport (ZNZ), which is 41.9 mi (67.4 km) away. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Dar Es Salaam Central Station. You can take a ferry to see more of the region.
More trip options
- Top areas for Cheap Hotels
- Find More Hotels near Dar es Salaam
- More Hotel Options in Dar es Salaam
- More Accommodation Types in Dar es Salaam
- Hotels near Popular Dar es Salaam Attractions
- Other Hotels near Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Dar es Salaam Hotels by Star Rating
- Expedia's Latest Trends