We live in stressful times. Holidays are essential!
Work, family, and social responsibilities, maintaining your home, caring for your pets… there are countless demands on our lives. Holidays offer a break from all of them. They offer a break from the daily routine, a change in the dynamic of relationships, and a chance to do either nothing at all or lots of things that you never have time to do.
An all-inclusive beach holiday gives you time to read a book, swim, go for a walk, or have a massage-whatever your pleasure. Consider the Riviera Maya for the additional opportunity to see ancient ruins, Cuba for a day trip into the music scene of fabulous Havana, or any one of the all-inclusive trips on the Expedia.ca deals page so that you suit your wallet as well as your desire for relaxation.
Need more reasons to take that beach break? Here are nine of them.
9 reasons you should escape for an all-inclusive beach holiday
Whether you go to an all-inclusive resort on your own or with your partner, whether it’s a girl’s getaway or a family trip, beach resorts have a lot to offer.
- Water therapy. According to Wallace J. Nichols, our brains are wired to relax near water. He is the author of Blue Mind: The Surprising Science That Shows How Being Near, In, On, or Under Water Can Make You Happier, Healthier, More Connected, and Better at What You Do. Yes, a beach holiday is good for us both while we’re on vacation and long after.
- Sun therapy. Beach resorts are always located in sunny climates where daylight lasts about 12 hours a day all year round. For Canadians who lose hours of daylight and natural vitamin D on winter days, this is another reason why life is better on a beach holiday. Just don’t forget your sunblock!
- A resort for all tastes. You can follow your passion at a resort. Beach resorts offer more than just sand and sea. Whether your passion is food and wine, sports, dance parties, or eco-adventures, there is a resort to suit your tastes.
- Save money. All-inclusive resorts tend to be less expensive than independent travel. They have the costs down to a science so that you get the best value for your money.
- No need to think. At an all-inclusive resort you can leave the thinking to the resort staff. Your biggest challenge may be what to choose from the buffet.
- Learn something new in the water. Most resorts offer opportunities to try something new like stand-up paddle boarding, windsurfing, or snorkeling.
- Pamper yourself. Many resorts have excellent spa facilities. Take advantage of them and enjoy a massage, facial, mani/pedi, or other service that promotes relaxation.
- Step off the resort at your pleasure. If all that resort relaxation becomes too much, step off the resort and explore the culture of the country that surrounds it.
- Financial freedom. Pay for your all-inclusive holiday in advance and the positive effects of your holiday will last longer. Research says that your happiest travel days will actually be after your trip as you bask in its glow with no financial stress.
So, where do you want to go on your beach holiday?